A parachute cord bracelet is a stylish fashion accessory with a functional secret. If you’re ever in an emergency situation, you can take a paracord bracelet apart and use it for many different tasks from making a tourniquet to starting a fire. But in order to use the bracelet for any kind of task, you have to know how to take it apart.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Look near the clasp to find the end of the parachute cord.
- Use a knife blade or other sharp tool to lift up the end.
- Find the other end on the other side of the clasp and use your tool to loosen it.
- Take one of the ends that you just loosened and pull it through the nearest loop. This can be difficult because the weave of the bracelet will be tight.
- Once you have the end loose, pull the other end free.
- Go back to the other side and pull the cord through the next loop.
- Repeat with the end on the other side.
- Continue all the way to the bottom of the bracelet. You may need to cut the very ends of the rope loose before you can use it.
Now that you know what to do with a parachute cord bracelet in the event of an emergency, you’re ready to purchase one and make sure that you’re prepared for anything. Check out our selection of paracord bracelets here at WatchBandit and order your favourite!